Business Succession Planning
Whilst it is difficult to imagine, it is inevitable that a time will come when you will depart from your business. By planning your exit early, you can maximise the value of your business and enable it to your meet future needs. There are a number of factors that can occur and disrupt your goals, such as unexpected death, injury or illness to you or your family members.
TF Partners can assist you with your succession planning which can provide certainty and assurance in relation to the following:
- Assisting you to minimise tax by considering income tax, GST and stamp duty as part of the planning process
- Help build your wealth and secure your future income
- Provide a smooth transition for the team when you exit the business
We will guide you through the succession planning process which will involve considering the following factors that may influence your choice:
- The value of the business and the assets it owns
- How your business sits in terms of growth and opportunities
- If you have any family members if they have the interest and ability to take over the business
- The age at which you plan to retire
- Whether you would like an immediate or gradual exit from the business
- Where your wealth is held and if you require the equity in your business to retire
- How central you are to the business
- What you plan to do once you exit the business
- If you would like to keep the business trading after your exit
By considering the above we can assist you with provide you potential options that may include:
- Management buy-out
- Employee share scheme
- Selling to competitors, suppliers, or customers
- Initial Public Offering (IPO)
From our experience, most businesses do not sell because they don’t prepare the business for this. TF Partners don’t want you to waste your hard work.
Why choose TF Partners?
TF Partners is constantly evolving and developing alongside our clients, to provide a holistic range of services including Accounting, Business Advisory, Wealth Management and Finance. With our depth of expertise, we provide our breadth of services to a diverse range of clients across an array of industry sectors.